Contec Sterile 70% Isopropanol (isopropyl alcohol) contains 70% by volume USP grade isopropyl alcohol (IPA) and 30% USP grade purified water. Contec IPA is filtered to 0.2μ and induction sealed to assure sterility, the bottles are double-bagged and gamma irradiated. Each bottle is lot coded and has an expiration date for easy recordkeeping. Validated per Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI) 11137:2006 Guidelines to a 10-6 Sterility Assurance Level (SAL).
A convenient trigger sprayer with settings for stream or mist spraying is included with all 16 oz. and 32 oz. bottles where noted. To reduce the occurrence of leaking during irradiation and transportation, the trigger sprayer is packaged separately. As required by USP Chapter <800>, a flip-top lid is also available, ensuring sterile alcohol is not delivered by a spray bottle, thus avoiding the spread of hazardous drug residue.
Features & Benefits
- Compliant with USP <797> and USP <800>
- Eliminates mixing, processing and QC expense of in-house production of IPA blends
- Packaged and sterilized for easy introduction into critical environments
- Certificate of processing and sterility assurance (SAL 10-6) with each case
- Induction sealed bottles that reduce the opportunity for leakage during sterilization and shipment
- Flip-top lid and trigger sprayer available
- Lot numbers are printed on every bottle to ensure traceability
- Bottles are recyclable